Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break
Ready to escape to paradise? Then indulge yourself on a beautiful, white-sand tropical beach, nestled between the stunning volcanic peaks of the Gros and Petit Piton. Also referred to as Sugar Beach, this tropical beach getaway will allow you to spend a day relaxing under a swaying palm, swim in the inviting crystal clear water of the Caribbean Sea and snorkel beneath the base of the Petit Piton where you are certain to be astounded by the vibrancy of its marine life. Creole lunch on the beach and complimentary beverages are all included! The unforgettable journey to and from this beach is by speedboat. A scenic coastal tour upon return where you would see such sites as the Bat Cave, the fish on the rock, quaint fishing villages, the Natural Bridge/Lady's Slipper (featured in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean) and a cruise through Marigot Bay is included.
The incredible and picturesque views offered along the west coast together with the exotic beauty of Jalousie/Sugar Beach will leave you with many fond memories to last a lifetime!
- Pick up and return by speedboat from the cruise ship terminals in Castries (additional rate applies to hotel guests who require pick up)
- An authentic Creole lunch served on the beach
- Complimentary beverages
- Scenic Coastal Tour
- Round-trip speedboat transportation to and from the cruise terminals in Castries
- 4-5 hours at Jalousie/Sugar Beach
- Snorkeling in the Natural Marine Reserve
- See the majestic Pitons (listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site) by land and by sea
- Scenic Coastal Tour by speedboat along St. Lucia's dramatic and picturesque coastline
- Since transfer is by speedboat, we can offer the quickest and most direct way to get you to the beach!
Adults: $90 US/adult;
Children 5-12 years: $75 US
Children 1-4 years: $50 US
Infants under 1: Complimentary
Cruise Ship Passengers: This excursion typically departs half an hour after your ship docks. Ship delays and ships in port for 8 hours or less, may expect less time at the beach.
Hotel Guests: Tours depart from the cruise terminal in Castries. If you require pick up an additional roundtrip transportation rate may apply. Speedboat coastal tour is not included in our Coconut Bay Resort and Anse Chastanet / Soufriere area hotel tours. Click here for your roundtrip hotel pick up or tour rate.
Minimum tour requirement 10 adults
Lunch Included: An authentic jerk chicken Creole lunch served on the beach is included in the price of this tour.
Beverages Included: Spencer Ambrose Tours is pleased to provide a cooler stocked with complimentary cold beverages for the duration of your tour. Select from bottled water, diet and regular coke, local Piton beer or Spencer's famous rum punch. For the safety of our guests, no alcohol is to be consumed prior to snorkeling. (In order to promote a family-friendly touring experience, alcoholic beverages may be limited).
Pick up and Drop Off Information: To keep costs down, travellers may expect to share boat transportation with other Spencer Ambrose Tour groups. This may require guests to be picked up and dropped off enroute or during the return trip to the cruise terminal.
- Snorkel gear can be rented at Jalousie Beach for $10 US.
- As a courtesy to non-resort visitors, the Sugar Beach Resort provides complimentary sun loungers located on the far side of the beach in the snorkeling area. These chairs are only available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit my FAQ page for more details.
- Luxury-padded sun loungers can be rented from the Sugar Beach Resort for $50 US/chair.
- The snorkeling side at Jalousie Beach is rocky. Water/beach shoes are highly recommended.
- Tour price does not include any food or drinks you may wish to purchase from the Sugar Beach Resort
To reserve your space a $10 deposit/person paid through PayPal + $1.00 online transaction fee/person is required at time of booking.
Speedboat space is limited, book early to avoid disappointment!
- Swim suit
- Beach towel
- Suntan lotion
- Snorkeling gear
- Water/beach shoes