Anse Chastanet & Jalousie/Sugar Beach
Soak up the beauty of two idyllic beaches in this full day beach and snorkeling adventure!
Discover a day of adventure swimming, snorkeling or just relaxing, on two of St. Lucia’s most esteemed and picturesque beaches. Experience the contrast and stunning beauty of the black sand volcanic beach of Anse Chastanet to the white powdery sand of Jalousie/Sugar Beach, famously nestled between the dramatic peaks of the twin Pitons. With both beaches offering breathtaking and epic views, you will think you are in paradise, twice!
Then dive into an underwater adventure snorkeling beneath the waters of the Petit Piton at Jalousie/Sugar Beach and along the coral reef in Anse Chastanet--and be amazed!
The reef in Anse Chastanet and the Marine Reserve at Jalousie/Sugar Beach are rated as offering some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, and are alive with a variety of coral, Sergeant Majors, Parrot Fish, Trumpet Fish, Needle Fish and many more. If you are lucky, you may even see an Octopus or Turtle! The vibrancy, diversity and abundance of marine life will leave you in awe!
If you're dreaming of an idyllic getaway to two tropical and picturesque beaches, this adventure is for you! So what are you waiting for? Grab your snorkeling gear and swimsuit and sea you on the beach!
Beach Adventure Includes
- Pick up and return by speedboat from the cruise ship terminal (additional rate applies to hotel guests who require pick up)
- Swimming and snorkeling at two beaches
- An authentic Creole lunch served at Jalousie/Sugar Beach*
- Complimentary beverages
- Scenic Coastal Tour
*offered only on full day excursions
From the sun-soaked shores to the alluring seas, your tropical beach adventure awaits!
- Round-Trip Speedboat Transportation to and from the cruise terminals in Castries
- 4-5 hours of beach and snorkeling divided between Anse Chastanet and Jalousie/Sugar Beach. (At both locations, snorkeling is accessible right from the beach!)
- Marvel at the majestic Pitons (listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site), and view them by land and by sea
- Scenic Coastal Tour by speedboat along St. Lucia's dramatic and picturesque coastline includes such sites as the ish on the rock, quaint fishing villages, the Natural Bridge/Lady's Slipper (featured in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean) and a cruise through Marigot Bay
Our transfer by speedboat offers the quickest way to get you to the beach!
An additional $10 US/person will be added to the rate of tours run on statutory holidays including:
Christmas Eve, December 24
Christmas Day, December 25
Boxing Day, December 26
New Years Eve, December 31
New Years Day, January 1
Good Friday, March 29, 2024
Easter Monday, April 1, 2024
Cruise Ship Passengers
This excursion typically departs half an hour after your ship docks. Ship delays and ships in port for 8 hours or less, may expect less beach and snorkeling time. For information on where to find us at the terminal, click here:
Tours depart from the cruise terminal in Castries.
If you require pick up an additional roundtrip transportation rate may apply. Click here for your roundtrip hotel pick up or tour rate.
An authentic jerk chicken Creole lunch served on the beach is included in all full day excursions. If arriving on a ship with an afternoon tour start time, lunch is excluded from the tour.
A cooler stocked with complimentary cold beverages including bottled water, diet and regular coke, local Piton beer and Spencer's famous rum punch will be provided. For the safety of our guests, no alcohol is to be consumed prior to snorkeling.
In order to promote a family-friendly touring experience, alcoholic beverages may be limited.
Minimum Tour Requirement
Our speedboat adventure tours require a minimum of 10 adult participants in order to run. To help meet the minimum tour requirement, travelers may expect to share speedboat transportation with other Spencer Ambrose Tour groups. This may include stops en route to drop off or pick up guests.
- Snorkeling is accessible right from the beach at both Anse Chastanet and Jalousie/Sugar Beach.
- Snorkelers are encouraged to bring their own equipment as snorkel gear is limited and cannot be guaranteed.
- Snorkel gear can be rented at Jalousie/Sugar Beach and at Anse Chastanet for $10 US but must be returned before leaving each beach.
- Life vests provided.
- The Sugar Beach Resort no longer provides complimentary sun loungers. Please visit our FAQ page for more details.
- Luxury-padded sun loungers can be rented from the Sugar Beach Resort for $75 US/chair.
- Chairs are not available at Anse Chastanet.
- The snorkeling side at Jalousie/Sugar Beach is rocky. Water/beach shoes are highly recommended.
To reserve your space a $10 US deposit/person paid through PayPal is required. A $1.00 online transaction fee/person will also be added on to your tour rate. Your remaining tour balance is to be paid in US CASH on the day of the tour.
Speedboat space is limited, book early to avoid disappointment!
- Swim suit
- Beach towel
- Suntan lotion
- Snorkeling gear
- Water/beach shoes