Anse Chastanet & Jalousie/Sugar Beach
Explore the beauty of two of St. Lucia’s famous beaches in this full day beach and snorkeling adventure!
Experience the contrast of the black sand volcanic beach of Anse Chastanet to the white powdery sand of Jalousie/Sugar Beach.
Then dive into an underwater paradise, and discover the abundance and vibrancy of marine life beneath the waters of the Petit Piton at Jalousie/Sugar Beach and along the reef in Anse Chastanet. The reef in Anse Chastanet and the Marine Reserve at Jalousie/Sugar Beach are rated as offering some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, and are alive with a variety of coral, Sergeant Majors, Parrot Fish, Trumpet Fish, Needle Fish and many more. If you are lucky, you may even see an Octopus or Turtle!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your snorkeling gear and swimsuit and we'll see you on the beach!
- Pick up and return by speedboat from the cruise ship terminal (additional rate applies to hotel guests who require pick up)
- An authentic Creole lunch served at Jalousie/Sugar Beach*
- Complimentary beverages
- Scenic Coastal Tour
*offered only on full day excursions
- Round-Trip Speedboat Transportation to and from the cruise terminals in Castries
- 4-5 hours of beach and snorkeling divided between Anse Chastanet and Jalousie/Sugar Beach
- Scenic Coastal Tour by speedboat along St. Lucia's dramatic and picturesque coastline includes such sites as the ish on the rock, quaint fishing villages, the Natural Bridge/Lady's Slipper (featured in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean) and a cruise through Marigot Bay
An additional $10/person will be added to the rate of tours run on statutory holidays including:
Christmas Eve, December 24, 2023
Christmas Day, December25, 2023
New Years Eve, December 31, 2023
New Years Day, January 1, 2024
Good Friday, March 29, 2024
Easter Monday, April 1, 2024
**A minimum of 10 adults are required in order to run a speedboat excursion**
Cruise Ship Passengers
This excursion typically departs half an hour after your ship docks. Ship delays and ships in port for 8 hours or less, may expect less beach and snorkeling time. For information on where to find us at the terminal, click here:
Tours depart from the cruise terminal in Castries.
Private tours are available during cruise off season (May-October).
1-2 guests: $550 US total
3-4 guests: $600 US total
5-6 guests: $800 US total
7-8 guests: $120 US/person
9+ guests: $115 US/person
If you require pick up an additional roundtrip transportation rate may apply. Click here for your roundtrip hotel pick up or tour rate.
An authentic jerk chicken Creole lunch served on the beach is included in all full day excursions. If arriving on a ship with an afternoon tour start time, lunch is excluded from the tour.
A cooler stocked with complimentary cold beverages including bottled water, diet and regular coke, local Piton beer and Spencer's famous rum punch will be provided. For the safety of our guests, no alcohol is to be consumed prior to snorkeling.
In order to promote a family-friendly touring experience, alcoholic beverages may be limited.
Pick up and Drop Off Information
To help meet the minimum tour requirement, travelers may expect to share speedboat transportation with other Spencer Ambrose Tour groups. This may include a stop in Soufriere to pick up ice for the drink cooler and drop off/pick up guests.
- Snorkeling is accessible right from the beach at both Anse Chastanet and Jalousie/Sugar Beach.
- Snorkelers are encouraged to bring their own equipment as snorkel gear is limited and cannot be guaranteed.
- Snorkel gear can be rented at Jalousie/Sugar Beach and at Anse Chastanet for $10 US but must be returned before leaving each beach.
- Life vests provided.
- The Sugar Beach Resort provides complimentary sun loungers located on the far side of the beach in the smaller, rocky, snorkeling area. These chairs are only available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit our FAQ page for more details.
- Luxury-padded sun loungers can be rented from the Sugar Beach Resort for $75 US/chair.
- Chairs are not available at Anse Chastanet.
- The snorkeling side at Jalousie Beach is rocky. Water/beach shoes are highly recommended.
To reserve your space a $10 deposit/person paid through PayPal is required. A $1.00 online transaction fee/person will also be added on to your tour rate. Your remaining tour balance is to be paid in US CASH on the day of the tour.
Speedboat space is limited, book early to avoid disappointment!
- Swim suit
- Beach towel
- Suntan lotion
- Snorkeling gear
- Water/beach shoes