West Coast Island Delight
Explore the lush tropical beauty and stunning natural attractions of St. Lucia's scenic west coast along the tranquil and picturesque Caribbean Sea side of the island.
Your land adventure begins with a brief stop at the Derek Walcott Square in Castries, where you will see the ancient "Massav" tree (said to be between 400-600 years old) as well as the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.
At the Morne Fortune Overlook take in the spectacular, panoramic views of Castries, the north side of the island, Vigie, the cruise ships and Castries Harbor.
Traveling along the West Coast Road, visit the largest banana plantation in St. Lucia and observe the quaint and colourful fishing villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries.
In Soufriere, be awestruck by the majestic twin volcanic peaks of the UNESCO-protected Gros and Petit Pitons, dramatically rising some 2600 feet above the sea! At the Sulphur Springs Drive-in Volcano, have fun in the mud and rejuvenate yourself in a hot, sulphur mud bath or choose a guided tour of the crater where you will see bubbling pools of gas and sulphur-laden steam rising from this dormant volcano.* After an exhilarating experience, enjoy a refreshing dip under the 50' Toraille Waterfall followed by a short speedboat ride to picturesque Jalousie/Sugar Beach. Jalousie/Sugar Beach is St. Lucia's most famous beach noted for its idyllic location between the Gros and Petit Pitons. You will think you are in paradise!
All this and more awaits you on this delightful island tour along the scenic west coast of St. Lucia.
- Pick up and return land transfers from the cruise terminals in Castries (additional rate applies to hotel guests who require pick up)
- Speedboat or pirogue transfers to and from Soufriere to Jalousie/Sugar Beach
- All admission fees
(*additional surcharge of $10 US/person for the guided volcano tour)
- Creole Lunch
- Local treats
- Complimentary beverages
Feel the thrill of adventure on this land excursion!
THIS ADVENTURE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO GROUPS OF 10 OR MORE
- Round trip Land Transfer from the cruise terminal in Castries
- Derek Walcott Square & Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
- Morne Fortune Overlook
- Marigot Bay Viewpoint
- Roseau Banana Plantation (largest banana plantation in St. Lucia)
- See the fishing villages of Anse La Raye & Canaries from a viewpoint
- Soufriere Overlook
- View the Gros & Petit Pitons (listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Toraille Waterfall & Gardens (Heritage Tourism Site)
- Sulphur Springs mud baths
(wearing an old bathing suit for the mud baths is recommended) or a Guided Volcano Tour (additional $10 US/person fee applies)
- 30-45 minutes at Jalousie/Sugar Beach
- Round trip boat or pirogue transfers from Soufriere to Jalousie/Sugar Beach
Two children between the ages of 1-12 travel at a reduced rate of $95 US/each. More than 2 children? The full tour rate applies.
Infants under 1: $65 US
This tour is only available to groups of 10 or more.
An additional $10 US/person will be added to the rate of tours run on statutory holidays including:
Christmas Eve, December 24, 2023
Christmas Day, December 25, 2023
Boxing Day, December 26, 2023
New Years Eve, December 31, 2023
New Years Day, January 1, 2024
Good Friday, March 29, 2024
Easter Monday, April 1, 2024
Cruise Ship Passengers
This tour typically departs half an hour after your ship docks. Ship delays and ships in port 8 hours or less, may expect less time at the sites and/or beach.
Our tours depart from the cruise ship terminal in Castries. If you require pick up, a transportation rate may apply. Click here for your roundtrip hotel pick up rate.
Infant car seats available upon request
Lunch & Snacks Included
An authentic Creole lunch is included in the price of this tour. Also during your tour, you will get to sample some of our local treats, which may include sweet ripe bananas, cassava cakes, coconut brittle and patties, Johnny and fish cakes, pea patties and fresh from the oven, hot Creole bread.
A cooler stocked with complimentary cold beverages including bottled water, diet and regular coke, local Piton beer and Spencer's famous rum punch will be provided. For the safety of our guests, no alcohol is to be consumed prior to snorkeling.
In order to provide a family-friendly touring experience; alcoholic beverages may be limited.
- Snorkel gear can be rented at Jalousie Beach for $10 US.
- The Sugar Beach Resort no longer provides complimentary chairs. Please visit our FAQ page for more details.
- Luxury-padded sun loungers can be rented from the Sugar Beach Resort for $75 US/chair.
- The snorkeling side at Jalousie/Sugar Beach is rocky. Water/beach shoes are highly recommended.
- This tour makes brief stops at many points of interest to allow you to take photos and admire the views.
- For scheduling purposes and to avoid large crowds, the order of this tour itinerary may be changed.
**Please note** Travel along the West Coast Road from Castries to Soufriere consists of steep hills, sharp turns and winding roads. If you are prone to motion sickness, taking precautionary measures prior to travel is recommended.
To reserve your space a $10 US deposit/person paid through PayPal is required. Your remaining tour balance is to be paid in US CASH on the day of the tour.
- Swim suit
- Beach towel
- Suntan lotion
- Snorkeling gear
- Water/beach shoes