Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break
Ready to escape to paradise?
Indulge yourself on a beautiful, white-sand tropical beach, nestled between the dramatic volcanic peaks of the Gros and Petit Piton. Also referred to as Sugar Beach, this tropical beach getaway will allow you to spend a day relaxing under a swaying palm, swim in the inviting crystal clear water of the Caribbean Sea and snorkel beneath the base of the Petit Piton--where you are certain to be astounded by the vibrancy of its marine life! Creole lunch on the beach and complimentary beverages are all included. Visited by celebrities and famous for its idyllic location, you will think you are in paradise!
Your return journey includes a thrilling speedboat coastal tour along St. Lucia's scenic and rugged coastline. Observe such sites as the Bat Cave, the fish on the rock, quaint fishing villages, the Natural Bridge/Lady's Slipper (featured in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean) and a cruise through picturesque Marigot Bay.
The incredible and breathtaking views offered along the west coast together with the exotic beauty of Jalousie/Sugar Beach will leave you with many fond memories to last a lifetime!
- Pick up and return by speedboat from the cruise ship terminals in Castries (additional rate applies to hotel guests who require pick up)
- An authentic Creole take out lunch served on the beach*
- Complimentary beverages
- Scenic Coastal Tour
*offered only on full day excursions
- Round-trip speedboat transportation to and from the cruise terminals in Castries
- 4-5 hours at Jalousie/Sugar Beach
- Snorkeling in the Natural Marine Reserve
- See the majestic Pitons (listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site) by land and by sea
- Scenic Coastal Tour by speedboat along St. Lucia's dramatic and picturesque coastline
- Our transfer by speedboat, offers the quickest and most direct way to get you to the beach!
Adults: $95 US
Children 5-12 years: $80 US
Children 1-4 years: $55 US
Infants under 1: Complimentary
A minimum of 10 adults are required in order to run a speedboat excursion
Cruise Ship Passengers
This excursion typically departs half an hour after your ship docks. Ship delays and ships in port for 8 hours or less, may expect less time at the beach. For information on where to find us at the terminal, click here:
Tours depart from the cruise terminal in Castries. If you require pick up an additional roundtrip transportation rate may apply. Speedboat coastal tour is not included in our Coconut Bay Resort and Anse Chastanet / Soufriere area hotel tours. Click here for your roundtrip hotel pick up or tour rate.
An authentic jerk chicken Creole lunch served on the beach is included in all full day excursions. If arriving by ship with an afternoon tour start time, lunch would be excluded from the tour.
A cooler stocked with complimentary cold beverages including bottled water, diet and regular coke, local Piton beer and Spencer's famous rum punch will be provided. For the safety of our guests, no alcohol is to be consumed prior to snorkeling.
In order to promote a family-friendly touring experience, alcoholic beverages may be limited.
Pick up and Drop Off Information
To help meet the minimum tour requirement, travellers may expect to share speedboat transportation with other Spencer Ambrose Tour groups. This may include a stop in Soufriere to pick up ice for the drink cooler and drop off/pick up guests.
- Snorkel gear can be rented at Jalousie Beach for $10 US.
- Due to COVID-19, the complimentary lounge chairs provided by the Sugar Beach Resort are currently NOT AVAILABLE. Please visit our FAQ page for more details.
- If available, luxury-padded sun loungers can be rented from the Sugar Beach Resort for $50 US/chair.
- The snorkeling side at Jalousie Beach is rocky. Water/beach shoes are highly recommended.
- Tour price does not include sun lounge rental or any food or drinks you may wish to purchase from the Sugar Beach Resort.
To reserve your space a $10 US deposit/person paid through PayPal is required. A $1.00 online transaction fee/person will be added on to your tour rate. Your remaining tour balance is to be paid in US CASH on the day of the tour.
Speedboat space is limited, book early to avoid disappointment!
- Swim suit
- Beach towel
- Suntan lotion
- Snorkeling gear
- Water/beach shoes
- Face Mask