Anse Chastanet & Jalousie Beach
Explore the beauty of two of St. Lucia’s famous beaches in this full day beach and snorkeling adventure!
Experience the contrast of the black sand volcanic beach of Anse Chastanet to the white powdery sand of Jalousie/Sugar Beach.
Then dive into an underwater paradise, and discover the abundance and vibrancy of marine life beneath the waters of the Petit Piton at Jalousie/Sugar Beach and along the reef in Anse Chastanet. The reef in Anse Chastanet and the Marine Reserve at Jalousie/Sugar Beach are rated as offering some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, and are alive with a variety of coral, Sergeant Majors, Parrot Fish, Trumpet Fish, Needle Fish and many more. You may even see an Octopus!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your snorkeling gear and swimsuit and we'll see you on the beach!
- Pick up and return by speedboat from the cruise ship terminal (additional rate applies to hotel guests who require pick up)
- An authentic Creole lunch served at Jalousie/Sugar Beach
- Complimentary beverages
- Scenic Coastal Tour
- Round-Trip Speedboat Transportation to and from the cruise terminals in Castries
- 4-5 hours of beach and snorkeling divided between Anse Chastanet and Jalousie/Sugar Beach
- Scenic Coastal Tour by speedboat along St. Lucia's dramatic and picturesque coastline includes such sites as the ish on the rock, quaint fishing villages, the Natural Bridge/Lady's Slipper (featured in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean) and a cruise through Marigot Bay
reduced rates for groups of 10 or more (based on speedboat availability)
Cruise Ship Passengers: This excursion typically departs half an hour after your ship docks. Ship delays and ships in port for 8 hours or less, may expect less beach and snorkeling time. For information on where to find us at the terminal, click here:
Hotel Guests: Tours depart from the cruise terminal in Castries. If you require pick up an additional roundtrip transportation rate may apply. Speedboat coastal tour is not included with Coconut Bay / Vieux Fort tours. Click here for your roundtrip hotel pick up or tour rate.
Lunch Included: An authentic jerk chicken Creole lunch served on the beach is included in the price of this tour.
Beverages Included: Spencer Ambrose Tours is pleased to provide a cooler stocked with complimentary cold beverages for the duration of your tour. Select from bottled water, diet and regular coke, local Piton beer or Spencer's famous rum punch. For the safety of our guests, no alcohol is to be consumed prior to snorkeling. (In order to promote a family-friendly touring experience, alcoholic beverages may be limited).
Pick up and Drop Off Information: To help reach the minimum tour requirement, travellers may expect to share speedboat transportation with other Spencer Ambrose Tour groups. This may require guests to be picked up and dropped off enroute or during the return trip to the cruise terminal.
- Snorkeling is accessible right from the beach at both Anse Chastanet and Jalousie/Sugar Beach.
- Snorkelers are encouraged to bring their own equipment as snorkel gear and sizes available are limited.
- Snorkel gear can be rented at Jalousie/Sugar Beach and at Anse Chastanet for $10 US but must be returned before leaving the beach.
- Life vests provided.
- The Sugar Beach Resort provides complimentary sun loungers located on the far side of the beach in the smaller, rocky, snorkeling area. These chairs are only available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit our FAQ page for more details.
- Luxury-padded sun loungers can be rented from the Sugar Beach Resort for $50 US/chair.
- Chairs are not available at Anse Chastanet.
- The snorkeling side at Jalousie Beach is rocky. Water/beach shoes are highly recommended.
To reserve your space a $10 deposit/person + $1.00 online transaction fee/person is required at time of booking.
Speedboat space is limited, book early to avoid disappointment!
- Swim suit
- Beach towel
- Suntan lotion
- Snorkeling gear
- Water/beach shoes